Header


--The only blog dedicated to all things LEGO mosaics.--

A Blog by Casey M. and Katie W. | Guest writing by Dave W. and Sean & Steph M.

Monday, March 21, 2011

"You're mocking me, aren't you?"

Overall podcaster and cool guy, one of my roll models James Kennison built a Lego Buzz Lightyear mosaic in his church's children ministry and posted it on his creative blog "You're Mocking Me Aren't You". It's obviously not one of our eye popping super epic mosaics here, but you can see how iconic it is and it's a lot better than what I could have done just doing it freestyle.


His description is:
This Buzz happened so randomly. I was at church working elementary childcare. I pulled out some Lego bocks from a cabinet to keep the early kids busy. Soon I found myself sitting with them working on the chest piece of a Buzz Lightyear. The kids started asking if I was going to make a Buzz… I just said, “We’ll see.” and kept plugging away. After about 40 minutes I had created what you see here.
Note the attention to detail: all three buttons on our left, the big red button to the right, the yellow nameplate above. There weren’t any purple blocks so I used blue. Bet you didn’t even notice until I said something. The wings were the final touch… I laid all of the blocks down so they would be half the height as the rest of the figure. I feel it gave it a bit of a 3d look. If I had a chance to do it over again I would have made his dome half height as well.

Special thanks to Scotty, Austin, Nathan, Jewel and Jessica for their help and support. You guys make me feel like a genius.

This Buzz says, “I was made at church… so I’m automatically a religious artifact!”




Check out the blog here and the main site here.

2 comments: